Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Letter written July 11, 1969

Letter written July 11, 1969

Dear Doris, Jim and family,

I suppose you’ll be home before this letter arrives. The weather is real hot - around 100°, hope you got home all right. Clouds are floating around. Hope it doesn’t rain. Some rain gauges registered 5 inches Sunday p.m. I went to women’s council yesterday p.m. There were 9 women out.

Sorry I got that pie too sweet. I usually add a little lemon juice. I canned a pt of tomatoes this a.m.

I didn’t know  you were allergic to perfumes, will try to give the girls something better next time.
 I had planned to give each 1.00 but hadn’t cashed my check and had no ones on hand. Will go in and cash it this a.m. before it gets too hot.

There is some breeze. The PO was closed when I mailed your other letter and I put it in the outside box had nothing to leave my letter on to add a few extra words.

Sorry I got a little out of patience with Brian, after all that is their way of learning, sometimes  we expect too much of our children. We think they should know as much as we do. Sorry you and I didn’t harmonize on that song “My God and I” (like we need to) for the tape-recording.

Make yourself more at home when you’re here. My writing is getting worse so I’ll sign off.
We enjoyed all of it you. Come again soon.

Love,
Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment